Built as a little oratory in XIII, it slowly substituted the church of St. Lucy of the castle of Fondoli of which assumed the functions until it was elevated to priorship in 1700. The church suffered many readjustments between XV and XVIII century, until the restoration of 1972 that tried to bring back to light the signs of the roman original plan. [1, 2].
The inside [3, 4] presents itself in its simplicity, with an only nave with two chapels and the Company chapel (the so called “Tinaia”); particularly rich had to be the fresco decoration, started in the late 14th century and of which there remain some signs. Above the left door, it is possible to admire the Madonna with the Infant between the Saints Anthony Abbot and Louis ascribed to the workshop of Paolo Schiavo . On the right wall there is a very damaged Crucifixion instead, coming from the “Tinaia” . The chapel’s organ is of 1697 and it is one of the most ancient of the Fiesole diocese. In the left chapel, on the altar dedicated to Madonna, there is a painting representing the Virgin and the Saints ascribed to Pietro Sante Bambocci (XVII century). A 19th century painting, representing the Crossing of Joseph, by an anonymous artist near the Figlinese painter Egisto Sarri, completes the decoration.
In the Chapel that hosted the Company of the Very Hole Sacrament is conserved a fresco with the Crucifixion and the Saints (1516), which shows a manifest remind to the painting of Andrea del Sarto. In the church archives has been found the text of a “Laud to sing for a dead brother”, rare testimony of popular devotion dating back to 1534 . Some silverware and drapes belonging to this church are presently in Museum Masaccio of Sacred Art in Cascia di Reggello [8, 9].