Settled in the village of Caselli, the church has ancient origins, witnessed also by its entitling to St. Michael Archangel, typical of the Longobard graveyard churches (archaeological finds belonging to sepulchres have been found in the forthwith neighbourhood). In the 13th century, the church has been built in roman style, but was completely renovated in the late 17th century. If the outside shows signs of the roman appearance, in the visible building face, made by perfectly squared stones of middle and big dimensions and disposed in regular and parallel lines, the inside , with an only nave of harmonious dimensions, appears, after a recent restoration, as a rare and refined example of late Baroque decoration, joining sculptures, oval paintings of biblical subject  and elegant stucco and fresco decorations .
Inside there are three altars: the main one, dedicated to the entitled Saint, is overlapped by an oil painting of the XVII century by the painter Giovan Battista Cennini and it represents the Madonna with the Infant, a Saint and the Archangel Michael who fight against the dragon. On the left altar stands out a painting by Domenico Soldini, representing the Birth of the Virgin, dated 1616, characterized by a narrative and peacefully devoted tone, that indulge to some refined custom note in the particulars of domestic life.