The parish of San MIniato a Rubbiana is reminded in Badia di Passignano papers from the first years of the XI century. A memorial stone placed near the apse reminds its consecration (and maybe also its rebuilding) on February 1077 by Cardinal Pietro Igneo and Bishop Guglielmo di Fiesole. Signs of the ancient roman construction are visible on the left side and on the apse  of this church. It has been stylistically heavily restored between 19th and 20th century; this involved the remaking of the bell tower and of a good part of the façade , but, most of all, a total transformation of the inside, whose original structures are completely hidden: the archways and the false dome are, in fact, 19th century additions, just like the frescos.
In the right nave is placed an altar built in 1878; the beautiful painting representing the Madonna with the Infant who offers St. Dominic the Rosary (St. Mary Magdalene on the right and St. Francis and a saint martyr on the left are recognizable too)  is a work signed by the Florentine painter Francesco Curradi (1570-1661). On the lunette and on the archway are visible frescos with allegorical figures of Virtue and Life scenes of a Dominican Saint (XIX century). The altar and the baptismal font in the left nave have been added at the beginning of XX century; by the same artist’s hand who realized the frescos of the right nave are the frescos of the lunettes with Life scenes of St. Anthony from Padova. Whereas the fresco of the dome representing an Angel’s Glory in false mosaic is a work of the beginning of the XX century. On the main altar there is a beautiful marble ciborium realized in 1895 by Carlo Barbucci, while the Last Supper placed under the altar is a recent copy of a painting by Franciabigio.