The first written news that reminds this ancient parish, settled shortly away from Montefioralle, goes back to 1963. Entitled to St. Acrisio martyr, popularly called San Cresci, the church underwent many readjustments, that makes it still difficult to recognize the most ancient marks. Of the roman building there is only the lower part of the alberese stone façade with the doorway flanked by double lancet windows left; the middle and upper register are otherwise the product of a completion work of the half of the XIX century . Between 1852 and 1853 the church underwent a very transformation in neoclassical style that involved mainly the inside, hiding its original structures.
The church, at present closed to the service, preserved an ancient wooden polychromatic Crucifix (the so called “Black Crucifix”) sculpted, under the legend, by Crusader in Holy Land and given by them to the parish on their way back. The Crucifix was particularly worshipped in this territory and people invoked its intercession to fight against drought. Of the many works that once decorated the church, as witnessed by the ancient chronicles, there remains very little today. The painting, representing the Madonna of the Rosary signed by Francesco Boldrini and dated 1615 , was in fact moved to Museum of sacred Art of Greve in Chianti, so as some other 17th century (a pyx and two chalices) and 18th century (a chalice, a lectern, a series of three altar card  and a monstrance) furnishings, a chasuble of Florentine manufacture (end XVI – beginning XVII century)  and the Reliquary of the Most Holy Cross (middle XVIII century) .