The history of the sanctuary [1, 2] is bound to the venerable image of the Madonna with the Infant [3, 4], a fresco of the second half of the XV century, recently ascribed to Giovanni di Papino Calderini and conserved today in the Tabernacle behind the main altar. The work was once set in a Tabernacle on the bridge on the near Ponterosso stream, next to Antonio Parigi’s estate. We owe to him the construction of a little Oratory to host the fresco, that was consequently detached and transferred there in 1499. However, this little building was almost completely destroyed in 1557 by a flood from which got safe only the piece of wall which hosted the Madonna with the Infant; this event increased the worship for the sacred image and in a few years the Oratory was completely rebuilt. The building, with an only hall , has a wide choir with a rectangular plan covered by an elliptic dome, clearly inspired in its nature and ornament (which sees the white plaster abreast the pietra serena elements) to the famous New Vestry designed by Michelangelo for the Florentine church of St. Lawrence. Between 1585 and 1587 was built the bell tower of the church recently named “Sanctuary”, while a first outside open gallery was added between 1600 and 1609. With the arrival of Vallombrosa people, the Sanctuary underwent a series of restoration and decoration works that started in 1713 and finished by the end of the century, little before the Napoleonic suppressions (1808) that forced religious to leave the place. Among the works started in this period are to be remembered the outside open gallery rebuilding (1713-1771), the realization of the vestry and choir frescos and the removal of the worshipped Madonna from the side altar into a new Tabernacle, set in the presbytery behind the new altar just built. The works of the first 20th century, to bring back the church to its ancient look, implied the removal of the “various 18th century disfigurements” and, maybe on this occasion, It was decided to paint the vestry and the choir. Thanks to these restorations wanted to find a remedy for the 1993 flood damages, the frescos, by the painter Pietro Betti [6, 7], have been brought back to light and restored.