The palace  has been built in XIV century but, during the following centuries, it experienced some readjustments that ended with its transformation into a jail in XIX century; this involved a reduction of the windows and the elimination of the original battlements. Finally, the building was completely restored in a neo-medieval style between 1924 and 1931 by architect Ezio Cerpi. The palace bears some podesta crests and inscriptions.
In the inside it is conserved a painting by Egisto Sarri, representing The Duke Alexander de’ Medici who kidnaps a nun from a monastery. The tower [2, 3, 4], inclined for a subsidence in the underground, bore an ancient bell (recently removed, restored and today placed in the entrance porch of the palace)  got smelt in 1384 by Florence Municipality and entrusted in 1387 to Figline Municipality. It was a spoil of war, coming from the Castle of Susinana in the high Senio valley, and it bears an inscription to remind the defeat of the Ghibelline side. On tower’s foot, in the Chapel of the Fallen, there can be seen a glazed terracotta altarpiece representing the Madonna on throne between Saints Sebastian and Anthony Abbot by Benedetto Buglioni 6], originally placed in the Caiano Chapel on Pratomagno. The work has been purloined, and then resold, until it arrived in the warehouses of the National Museum of Bargello. In 1930 it was conveyed to Figline and placed in its actual seat with some enrichments (the frame, the angels, part of St. Sebastian and the swine, attribute of St. Anthony) by Cantagalli manufacture.