The monastery [1, 2] was grounded in 1542 on brothers of the Company of the Holy Cross of Figline’s will and in its rooms settled themselves down the first two Augustinian nuns coming from the Florentine nunnery of Santa Maria di Candeli. The actual look of the church  is due to the renovation intervention started in the last quarter of the XVII century and finished short before 1794, as testified by a memorial stone placed in counter-façade, which reminds the reconsecration ceremony. This is a building with an only nave and three altars in pietra serena sandstone and it is preceded by a columned hall with vaulted ceiling, archstones and columns of the late 16th century. The inside presents a stucco decoration in late Baroque fancy: starting from the beautiful allegoric figures of Faith and Charity [4, 5] above the main altar, the same kind of ornamentation concerns also the altar on the right, where there is a series of stucco angels, who frame a painting representing St. Cecil of the school of Sagrestani. In the nave vault a very ruined fresco is still visible; it was ascribed to the school of Sagrestani and represents the Madonna of Consolation. Today, the church’s artistic patrimony is very impoverished; however there is still a valuable Crucifixion with the Virgin, St. John Evangelist, the Magdalena and two mournful angels (end of the XVI century) , once placed above the main altar, while the boards placed above the other altars were lost. Actually, on the main altar hangs a Madonna with the Infant and two Saints by the painter Gaetano Ciampalini, who created also the painting representing a Saint with stigmata, both signed and dated 1942.
Undoubtedly, the most valuable work is a 13th century Madonna in throne with the Infant and two angels ascribed to Master della Maddalena . The ancient board, legible again after a restoration which set it free from the 18th century repainting [8, 9], is preserved in the monastery (so it cannot be seen for the vow of seclusion), together with a valuable painting of Tuscan school representing the Last Supper (end of the XVI century) .