The parish of Saint Mary Incinula or Utinula or in Tinule is remembered in different documents starting from 1040, but, certainly, its foundation is former. The name Antella appears in XII century. The present building is the result of readjustments made since Middle Age and during the 16th and 17th century, till the restoration of the 1928, to which is due a good part of the decoration elements of the façade. The medieval bell tower was partially readjusted in the 19th century . Traces of the roman bricks of the most ancient church are in the present sacristy, which leads to the back oratory of the Assumption .
Some medieval remains have been re-used as decorative elements in the main altar and beside the triumphal arch of the presbytery . Here there are, actually, some white marble slabs inlaid, painted and worked in relief with a monstrous subject, a dragon with wide-opened jaws: they are probably remains of a liturgical furnishing . The 17th century marble baptismal font is oval and decorated with a small angel’s head. On it there is the emblem of the Dell’Antella, present also on the façade .
The parish conserves many works, amongst which a XV century Annunciation and a glazed terracotta with the Assumption of the Virgin by Passignano (1559-1638) and the Virgin and the Seven Saints Founders of the Order of the Servants of Mary, signed by Lorenzo Lippi and dated 1660 ; in the background of this last work is represented the parish of Saint Mary. Again, amongst the numerous other works, are to admire a Virgin’s Nativity by Matteo Rosselli (1578-1650) and a painting by Cecco Bravo (1601-1661) with St. Michael and the adoring Angels . From the parsonage, once Palace of the Commander, comes a 15th century tabernacle, frescoed by Paolo Schiavo, the Madonna with the Infant and the Saints Francis and John the Baptist.