The Pieve di San Pietro a Cascia, mentioned in written sources since 1040, consists of two architectural complexes: the church of San Pietro and the bell tower, built in different periods as shown by the two different types of walls. Both have undergone restoration: the church in 1968 and the bell tower in 1985-8.
The church has three naves; the central nave is twice as wide as the lateral ones and ends with a semicircular apse. The naves are divided, at regular intervals, by five columns and by a pillar in the presbyterial area. The walls are built of perfectly squared sandstone ashlars arranged in regular parallel rows.
The bell tower, 32 metres high, was originally a separate building designed for defense and sighting. In the following periods, the rectory was built adjoining it.