The evocative church of San Martino in Strada has been documented since the 11th century, when it was mentioned in Papal bulls addressed to the priests of Impruneta, its head church. Enlarged in the 14th century, the church was frescoed in the 15th, it was remodelled during the Baroque period.
In the 1920s the building was restored, an arcade in neo-Gothic style supported by elegant columns in pietra serena was added, and the structure was brought back to its original Romanesque style. At this time, some parts of the frescoes were also restored.
Above the main altar is a painting of the Virgin and Child Enthroned with Saints, attributed to Andrea del Verrocchio and dated at the end of the 15th century. Other noteworthy artworks include a 16th-century marble ciborium and, in the sacristy, a painting by Lorenzo Lippi dating from 1658 portraying the Madonna of the Rosary. To the right of the altar is a painting of Jesus Consoling the Poor by Alfonso Hollaender, dated 1919.
Outside of the church, on the corner of Via Chiantigiana, is a tabernacle frescoed by Pietro Annigoni portraying the Madonna of the Good Journey, dating from 1954.