The parish church, situated on the hill dividing the valleys of the Pesa River and those of its tributary Virginio, was already mentioned in notarial documents dating from the 10th and 11th century. A community of canons lived at church, from whom was elected an officer, who was also the lord of the castle that grew up around the parish church.After centuries of conflict with the nearby Monastery of Passignano, interested in the conspicuous patrimony of the parish church, the Company of the Annunciation was founded in the 15th century and on that occasion the church was extensively remodelled.
Only the bell tower and the podium remain from the original Romanesque structure. The interior, on a lower level than the land around it, is divided into three naves marked by five bays resting on four rectangular pillars with section that support four offset arches. On the right wall is a fresco from the early 16th century portraying the Madonna between St. Sebastian and St. Rocco, while above the altar is the Maria Lactans by Cenni di Francesco, dated 1400 and inserted, along with a 16th-century Nativity, in a panel painting from the school of Santi di Tito portraying St. Cecilia and St. Pancrazio.
Above the main altar, built of polychrome marble in the 18th century, we find a wooden Crucifix from the 16th century. In the left nave is a Crucifixion by Santi di Tito dated 1590. Above the altar of the Company is an Annunciation, dated 1614, by Domenico Frilli Croci. Lastly, the small office of the priest frescoed by Cosimo Gheri, a student of Santi di Tito, is interesting.