The mansion of Torre a Cona , amongst the most stagy of the Florentine territory, was originally a castle of propriety of the lords da Quona, afterwards passed to family Rinuccini who kept it from 1373 to the middle of the 19th century. Presently it is a private ownership.
Rinuccinis, starting from the beginning of the XVIII century, gave way to the works that transformed the complex in a mansion-farm, incorporating the mighty tower , which probably formed the caisson of the ancient fortalice. In 1738, when the works were already finished, Fosco Rinuccini celebrated there his magnificent wedding with Camilla Aldobrandini, recalling in the new mansion of Torre a Cona the most important representative of the Florentine aristocracy.
The mansion, with the monumental façade , divided into three levels, of which the first covered with strong stone ashlar and the others plastered, rises over a small hill and is connected with the underlying slope by a series of sloping down terracings. On the left side, there are the farm and the cellars and, furthermore there is the big Italian garden, which delimits the construction on the back . Connected to the palace there is the oratory dedicated to St. Catherine. The present appearance is the result of many interventions occurred in succession still in the second half of the 18th century.